Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weird Idea for Backyard

I know this sounds absolutely crazy or strange or odd or weird or ridiculous or whatever, but I would like to have my dad built an outhouse or composting toilet in our backyard. We have a cabin in the woods, but if you want to spend the night in it, you have to walk out and up the pathway to the house and go inside to use the restrooms. This is very inconvienient. It would also be nice to have one because my mom spends a lot of time outside gardening, so it is inconvient for her to drop everything she is doing to go inside the house to go to the bathroom. Also, I have to admit that I love little European stone cottages, and this is my excuse to build something out of stone since we cannot reface our brick house and cheap, white, vinyl siding.

Here's my theory: People use Port-a-Potty's when they are at outdoor events and construction workers use them when builing houses or buildings, etc. The thing I have against Port-a-Poty's is that they are ugly and blue and blastic. The other thing is that outhouses are now illegal, I think. Except my grandma still has one at her house, but she lives in the middle of nowhere and it's been there since the house was built, probably in the mid to late 1800s.

 So why not have a Port-a-Potty that is built of stone? The only reason they are normally built of cheap blue plastic is because it is cheap and light weight, and most of all, "portable" (hence the name, "Port-a-Potty"). But I would not want ours to be portable. I want the function of a Port-a-Potty, which is basically a composting toilet, but I want it to be attractive. I want it to look like a little European stone cottage, only smaller. It would look nice, it would be legal, and it would be functional. We could really use one outside because of the cabin. That way I will be satisfied because I will have something cute and made of stone and it will perhaps make our place look more european. It would also be really unique. NO ONE else would have one.

Or a composting toilet would be fine as well. But you get the point. Something that is not an outhouse, but more like a really sophisticated and attractive Port-a-Potty or something like that.
Actually, come to think of it, it is kind of like those outdoor public restrooms at public parks. Those must be composting toilets, because they do not flush, and they are not Port-a-Potty's.

Here are some photos of the stone I like and the European/English stone cottage look that I like:







 So you get the idea. There are hundreds of other photos that I could probably find and post for you to see, but I will just post these for now, even though they are not the very best ever.

(Word Count: 499)

No comments:

Post a Comment