Sunday, March 17, 2013

Simplicity is Elegance


I have seen so many bad wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses in my life. What makes them so bad? First, there is the choice of fabric. So many women buy dresses made of satin. In my opinion, this is the worst choice for a wedding dress because it looks very cheap and it usually does not hang well. It looks so ordinary and also looks like any other cheap dress I could find off the racks of Goodwill or any other consignment store. There is nothing expensive-looking about a satin dress.

  

    
This one fits almost all the categories.
It is too perfectly white, too fluffy, too
much bling, looks cheap, and it is made
of satin. I hate it.

Another thing I dislike in a wedding dress is too much bling or too much of anything. Many dresses today are gaudy. I do not like excessive bead work or a design that is too intricate. Again, simplicity is elegance.

      
I do not think the bead work on this dress
looks elegant. I think it cheapens the dress
and looks like a high school prom dress.

I also have a problem with dresses that are too perfectly white. I think this makes a dress look cheaper. Personally, dresses that are slightly off-white look more expensive to me.


If you want to know my ideal wedding dress, here it is. Simple, off-white, somewhat form-fitting, not made of satin,  no bling.



The dresses below are also very nice, and they are designed by Vera Wang:

   

(Word Count: 255)

No comments:

Post a Comment