Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

This Easter was wonderful yet disappointing at the same time. It was fun because I was able to go to my grandparents' house on Friday to spend the night, and then wake up in the morning to the smell of Grandma's buttermilk pancakes. It was good because I was able to spend time with my sister, who was also there visiting my grandparents. I also was able to spend time with my aunt Lori, aunt Linda, and my cousins; Tyler, Lana, and Erica. I also got the chance to meet my cousin Lana's boyfriend for the first time. He seemed like a really nice guy.

I enjoyed being able to spend time with my family and listen to my grandpa's stories. I loved my grandma's cooking and I will not even mention how many chocolate chip cookies I ate. I loved exploring the many entrances to the basement (there are 4!--it is a really old house which had many additions added later). The original basement is really scary, though. It has stone walls and about five foot ceilings. It is completely dark and there are lots of old artifacts down there, including an old washer and drier, an old cast-iron stove, and a barn door boarded up, with stairs leading out of the storm cellar.

On the more negative side, I did not get to see my brother the entire weekend, nor did I see him on Easter Sunday. Also, my sister had to work all day Sunday (on Easter!) at Red Lobster, so she did not get to eat Easter dinner with the family. In addition, my family did not go to visit my aunt and uncle in Omaha, Nebraska this year, so it did not really feel like Easter. We could not go because Easter is on a Sunday and it takes six hours to get there, and school is the very next day. Despite my mother cooking a fabulous dinner, there were only three people to enjoy it (well...I guess four if you include our old, senile dog, Bailey)--my mom, my dad, and me. It was a quiet Easter. It was cold, and there was no Easter egg hunt. I am too old. In fact, I did not eat even one piece of candy this Easter. What a shame!

(Word Count: 385)

No comments:

Post a Comment