Monday, September 10, 2012

A days, B days...

As I was leaving Spanish class today, a friend ran into me and asked why I was not in Concert Choir. I was utterly puzzled. Was today not an A day? Is not every Monday an A day? I guess not. After standing there talking to her, frazzled and red in the face, I got my pass to English class and left. I was determined to figure this out. I checked the schedule the counselor gave me. My schedule is very confusing because I am in Chamber Choir. I looked down at the piece of paper, utterly perplexed. As I thought, it read "Fourth hour-Spanish IV with Ms. Bruce, Room 118 on A days, with Concert Choir with Mr. Ziegler on B days". Chamber Choir is on A days during sixth hour and on B days, I have Spanish IV sixth period. This rotates every other day in order to fit Chamber Choir into my schedule. So what could have possibly gone wrong? Why would we have had Concert Choir on an A day when it is supposed to be on B days? When I arrived to AP English, I asked around and was finally told that not every Monday is an A day. Since there are five days in a week, it will always switch so that one Monday is an A day and the following Monday will be a B day. This was all unbeknownst to me until now. To make matters worse, since I thought today was an A day, I had already attended Spanish IV class. Normally this would not be a problem, since on the days I have fourth hour Spanish, I go to Chamber Choir sixth period. But since today is not an A day, there is no Chamber Choir and only Moonlight, which I did not try out for and am not in. This is a major problem. I cannot go to Moonlight and I have already gone to Spanish. So what shall I do? I have absolutely no idea. I suppose I will go and talk to Mr. Armstrong since Mr. Ziegler was not here today and let him know what happened. Then maybe he will have some ideas. If not, I suppose I could try and go to study hall for just one day even though I do not normally have one. That ought to work. Regardless, I have learned my lesson as a new student at Kennedy High School: not every Monday is an A day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I would have a hard time keeping this schedule straight! Sometimes I still have nightmares where I dream that I've forgotten to attend a certain class or am late for a class I can't find, etc.

    I imagine you have this kind of a schedule because you are maximizing your time to fit in more classes? What are the pay offs for doing this? What are other cons? Maybe you can share tips and tricks for maximizing the hours in the school day. (This reminds me of Herminione in Harry Potter--with her time turning thing!)

    ReplyDelete