Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yet Another Wedding: But Problems Arise

Yep, you heard it. I am off to yet another wedding, but this time in Lincoln, Nebraska. And I am a bridesmaid for the very first time, along with my sister, Claire. I have been getting ready to leave all morning, but then the phone rang. It was my brother. Both my brother and my sister had already missed out on the first wedding in Connecticut because they were busy with college and work. Now my brother is going to miss this one too. It makes no sense. A long time ago, far in advance, he asked for Friday through Sunday off. He was going to drive from Iowa City to our house, then we would drive to pick up my sister at Iowa State, then we would be on the road to Nebraska for six hours. Yet for some reason (who knows why?), Miles' boss scheduled him to work. I do not know why, but no one can fill in for him and they cannot live just one day without him.

This is utterly depressing. It angers me greatly. I do not remember the last time I spent time with both my brother and my sister at the same time. Ironically, in the middle of writing this blog post, I got a call from Miles telling me he now can come, but it is eleven thirty in the morning and we were planning on leaving at noon. He still has to drive from Iowa City to our house, which is about forty five minutes away. At the same time, even though his boss says he can leave today, he also says it would help a lot of Miles could stay and drive to the wedding himself tomorrow. I do not have all of the details as my dad just got off the phone with him.

This reminds me of the other dilemma, which fortunately got solved. Yesterday my mom went to pick up my dress from getting steamed at David's Bridal. The problem is, however, when I tried it on there was a major problem with the him that I still cannot explain or understand, but the dress did not hang properly. It also was very wrinkly despite it having been steamed. My mom was furious. She had already spent hours and hours shopping getting jewelry and shoes for the wedding and had gone to David's Bridal once already.

We knew that something had to be done. There was no other option. So we went to David's Bridal a second time in one day and had to have the seamstress find time in her busy schedule to fix it. Fortunately, after she was finished working on a wedding dress, she was able to fix it in about ten minutes. She told us to come back an hour and a half later to pick it up. Again, my mom was very angry and stressed out. We had to kill time shopping again until the dress was ready. Luckily, the dress is great now. The seamstress did a good job and found time to fix it. It was also steamed a second time. Hopefully there will be no more problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment